Business Listing: Off-Page SEO technique
Listing your business online to increase your presence is known as Business Listing.
Generally, most of the website asked for NAP (Name, Address, Phone number) to get your listing approved in their website.
The business listing does not depend on whether you have an online presence or not, an offline store can list itself over business listing websites like Justdial, yellow pages, Google maps etc. to show its presence.
Need of Business Listing:
As discussed earlier, the business listing is really important when it comes to providing relevant information about a business online. Let’s summarize the need of business listing in below points:
- Whenever you search for a business E.g. Nearest saloon then business listed results comes at the top
- Increases your business visibility
- Helps in getting good leads and hence adds in revenue
- Sometimes getting organic result becomes difficult and time-consuming but business listing results take less time in showing its impact.
- Local listing contributes to higher search results which add in revenue generation.
Steps to registering over business listing website:
- Open a website like yellow pages
- Click on get your free listing option
- Put business name and phone number to continue
- Enter your first name, last name and business email (Gmail will also work).
- Click claim now
- A full form will pop up in the next screen, fill the required details carefully
- Hit continue, you are all done to verify the details entered and your business is listed
Listing Business on Google Maps
As we all know the maximum traffic to our website generally comes from Google searches.
Google Business Listing helps local users to target traffic within a geographical area as per Google Rank Brain Algorithm.
Let’s see the below results
In the image, you can see we have business listing results which are far above the organic results.
The advantage of listing your business over Google can be very well understood by the above example.
Steps to Register over Google Maps
- Make Gmail Account
- Sign in your account
- Visit https://www.google.com/business/
- Enter the required details
- Google will verify your location by sending a mail / post-card at your given address
- After successfully registering your business fill the other required details i.e. working hours, website etc.
Not able to register over Google Maps: Possible Errors
Case1: Google could not track your location
- Make sure you are allowing Google to track your location
- Move the red marker on Google maps to your location and click continue to get the post-card for final verification of physical address
Case2: Someone else has verified this listing (But you also have the physical presence at the same place)
- Click on request admin rights
- The owner of that address get an email from Google once he verified your physical presence then your listing gets approved
Case3: Unable to find your business name
- Go ahead and register for business listing, steps discussed above in conjunction with Case 1
- Verify your presence via postal-card or landline number verification
Note: Maintain your good reviews and rating to achieve more traffic and increase revenue
How to rank higher in Google Maps Business Listing:
- You should fill complete details in Google Business listing website
- Add your business local business websites as well
- Place all the details like phone number, Name etc. updated
- Embed Google Map in your website
- Increase your rating and reviews by quality services
Benefits of Business Listing over Google Maps
- Increase your Global Presence over the internet
- Business reputation improvement
- Local presence enhancement
- Ranking improvement in Google search result
This is all about Business Listing, I hope it helps!