How to post an effective Classified Ad for SEO
As we have read earlier in the Off-Page SEO technique that this technique is more focused towards Link Building (Promotional Approach). The more backlinks you create the better your website appear in Google Search Result Page (SERP).
We have various techniques under Off-Page SEO and one of the most important technique is Classified Ads.
We will be answering following frequently asked question regarding Classified Ads:
- Difference between business listing and classified ads
- Importance of Classified Ads
- Factors to consider while making a classified ad
- How to make Classified Ads
- Which are the high-rank website to post your Classified Ad for free
Listing means to list your business online to show Google your presence over the internet. The main purpose of listing is to improve your SEO by listing yourself on various platforms like Business Listing and Classified Ads.
Listing is of two types:
- Business/ Local listing: Listing your business on Google means your information on Google
- Classified Listing: Post your ad for a specified period of time
Importance of classified ads:
- It is a way to promote your website by generating quality backlinks from different websites.
- Posting your product ads on the website
Factors to consider while making a classified ad:
- The website picked must hold a good Domain Authority and Page Rank
- Headline should be relevant to your topic
- Details should match the customer needs
- Necessary contact information (call to action) must be provided
Note: Classified ads can certainly improve your overall SEO and give you an edge over your competitors. But make sure you are not doing it excessively otherwise you might get penalized by Google as per the latest algorithms.
Steps to writing an Impressive Classified Ad:
The secret behind writing perfect classified ads is in the below points. You must write the below points assuming that you are the customer and concentrating on those things that will attract you towards an advertisement.
- Call to action
Headline: The headline is the first and most important step towards selling your ads. The ads must contain something that should attract customer attention keeping in mind “Honesty is the best policy”.
Below are some tips towards creating a perfect headline:
- Begin with an action word
- Create curiosity
- Ask a question
- Make a startling statement
- Ask for the reader’s opinion
Body: The body must answer a question: What is it for me?
Means people never visit your website for knowledge they will visit if you offer something to them which will make their benefit.
You can highlight the benefit by listing all your services in the body and also by mentioning all the features/ benefit that you provide for the different services.
Call to Action: Use some promoting slangs or something that attracts user attention and force them to click on your link or call at the contact details provided.
Most important steps after Ad posting:
- Check if your ads are working or not by copying and pasting your Ad URL on the different browser
- Bookmark them on various platforms
- Copy and paste the URL of your ads on Google (after a weeks time) and if it is not working there then switch to search engine submission.
Some of the important classified Ads websites are listed below (kindly check their Page Rank and Domain Authority before posting the Ad):
How to post Classified Ads:
Let’s take an example of Locanto website for posting classified Ad on it related to my website services:
- Click on Post free Ads
- Enter Title (must be relevant to the service that you are promoting) of your Ad
- Pick the category of Ad. The category again must be relevant to the type of Ad
- Register at their website (Make a separate account at Gmail for these activities with your company name)
- Activate your account by visiting your Gmail account
- Fill the required information like description, image etc. and post the Ad
- Create an excel sheet and copy and paste the URL of the created ad in it and save the excel
- After a week or so check if the Ad is visible at Google search result or not. If it is not visible do the Search Engine Submission Task.
Remember below points before posting classified ads:
- Content should be unique (Plagiarism Check)
- Target URL must be talking about the promoting long tail Keyword. Prepare 2 – 3 keywords for a single URL and start promoting it. Keywords must be taken from content of your post
- Content should not only focus on keyword, it should be something which force user to click on our Ads
- Insert Grammarly extension in your browser to check for Grammar mistake
- End your content with Call to Action (Target URL)
Format for Writing Classified Ads and relevant description:
- Keyword: This is the user query/keyword which we are promoting such that we should rank high in Google Search Result
- Long tail: Long tail keywords contain maximum 3 – 4 words, kind of descriptive form of original keyword. (We use long tail keyword in our content)
- Target URL: This is the URL which we are promoting because this URL is talking about the keyword based on which below we have made content
- Content: It must not only focus on Keyword it should be focusing towards generating curiosity among user who is reading the Ad to click on our link. Always complete your Ad with Call to Action and do the plagiarism and grammar check either from small SEO tools or other websites)
I hope this article clears all your doubts regarding Classified Ads and might have given you an idea of how you can post an effective Advertisement of your website.