This topic “Can H1 tag similar title tag” that has sparked a huge debate in the past.
In this article, we will make things clear by giving proper and easier to understand explanation.
The major concern that was bothering the website owner:
If I set the Title tag of my website similar to what I have as the H1 tag will it affect my website Search Engine Ranking?
It should not negatively impact your website ranking because we give the H1 tag a line that corresponds to what I write in the article.
For example, in this article, I have given H1 Tag to the heading i.e. “Can H1 Tag be like Title Tag of your Website” and have set Title Tag as “Can I set Title tags as H1 Tag”.
Now if we carefully observe what I have done is that I have not made the title and headline identical, but consistent or justified towards the content of the page
Note: The crux of the matter is to focus on what works best for your site in terms of ranking and traffic.
- Usability: If the title and headline are the same it will help the user better recognize your website and find it trustworthy
- If in case title and headline differ too much, it may lead to confusion. The users may leave your website without reading the content which will cause increased Bounce Rate
- Keyword Prominence: Use the same keyword in both Title and Headline because a single post could not contain 4–5 Keywords.
If your page or post contains 4–5 keywords and content is less, it means you are following the Black Hat SEO technique and it will cause serious damage to your website rank in the long term.
Building Effective Heading Tags:
- Use websites like seopressor.com, title-generator.com to generate a healthy title for your post
- Avoid repetition in the heading and title (You can use Synonyms)
- Refrain over-optimizing your website content by making the title, heading, description all similar
- Do not make Title and H1 tags different otherwise it will lead to a higher bounce rate
Must Read: How to set Title Tags and its importance