In today’s article, we will learn about a new term “Holistic SEO” much more advanced and updated technique towards structuring a strong website.
Holistic SEO: What is It?
The SEO ‘techniques’ have changed through the years, with changes in the designs and programming of the search engine crawlers. What remains to be true is that websites exist for users to be visited and seen.
Crawlers in the starting of the 2000s looked only for major things like keywords, links etc. But now they analyze more than 20 distinct aspects of the websites.
This increasing complexity and ever-changing rules of the search engines beg the question, are the techniques of SEO really useful? The answer is that they are only as good as your website.
What is the meaning of Holistic Approach?
Let’s understand the English meaning of holistic. It means “entire”, “all” meaning when we are analyzing something it must be considered as whole rather than in parts.
An example could be taken from the health industry i.e. while examining Human Body we must consider it as a whole rather than focusing on parts for a better health checkup.
This approach basically differentiates it from the Partial Approach where we focus only on certain parts rather than the whole.
We can co-relate it with the SEO world by reviewing this simple example. In traditional SEO approach we focus more on keywords (parts of the article) but in Holistic SEO approach, we cover long tail keywords i.e. semantic approach towards link building.
What to do? Holistic SEO!
Something that will always remain true is that a good building can be only built on a good foundation, and that is what holistic SEO means.
Holistic SEO says that the basis of SEO that will make or break your website at the end is the basics of the creation of web pages. It means that you should first be satisfied with your web pages in a manner that you think the user should be feeling satisfied in.
So the idea is catering to the user’s needs, to make sure that they are interested in the website
Why Holistic SEO Needed?
If you perform various SEO techniques, while not making a website that is worthy at the time for users to visit:
- People will leave the website as soon as they get there, increasing the bounce rate.
- They will not be visiting again.
- They will not talk about your website.
- Your traffic will gradually decrease as people show disinterest.
- Changes in search engine patterns will affect your website ranking.
On the other hand, in addition to normal SEO benefits, Performing Holistic SEO makes sure that:
- People engage with your site more, which will show up in higher time-on-page metrics.
- Users will be less likely to leave your site right after they arrive, lowering bounce rates.
- They will return to your site to gain more information or to buy more products, resulting in higher returning visit metrics.
- Your website visitors will be more inclined to positively talk about your site and to share your information across social media. This will increase the website’s social exposure.
- After this, there will be no threat of losing website ranking just because of some changes in search engine patterns.
Hence a Holistic Approach means:
- You are providing your user with rich technical SEO experience
- Improving user experience by proving them responsive websites with good page speed, comprehensive content etc.
- Providing them a secure environment to browse i.e. having an HTTPS website
So, how to perform Holistic SEO?
As stated above, holistic SEO is all about user satisfaction, and the users can only be satisfied with a website that you are satisfied with. So, you need to make sure that you are and will remain satisfied with the website.
Ensuring the following things will help you ascertain holistic SEO:
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- A great user experience (UX)
- Writing quality content
- Keeping your site secure(Good code)
- Site speed (Good hosting)
- Mobile friendliness
- Site architecture
Keeping the above-mentioned points in check will lead to a more Holistic SEO and result in the longevity of the respect that your website receives.
Click Here to Learn More: Link Building Holistic SEO Approach
Holistic SEO talks about how websites are in the end, for users and user relevancy is what matters the most. It indicates that a website that users will enjoy is the cornerstone for it to become high ranking. So going back to basics and remembering the essentials will keep your website fool-proof, howsoever external changes may occur.
Next Lecture: Link Building Using Holistic SEO