Forum Posting and Submission
Forums are platforms where people hold a discussion on particular topics. Let’s understand the meaning of the term Forum Posting before moving into the article.
Forum: A place or medium where ideas are exchanged that helps in knowledge expansion
Posting: It can be considered as publishing your ideas on the forum
Collectively we can say that this is a way through which we post/comment our suggestions/ ideas/views on various forums available over the internet.
Once you have created your account on any forum submission website and posted your views on any page, always be an active member of that forum and interact with others to earn likes and upvote on your post.
Some websites do not give backlinks instantly but there are some that do give you an instant backlink.
What happens, sometimes a website does not give you an option to post your link, then this code [URL=”http://domainname.com/”]Anchor text here[/URL] will help you to hyperlink your keyword to earn a backlink.
Best strategy for forum submission:
- To pick the question which has a smaller number of answers and isn’t that relevant your target URL
- Do not spam by reposting your comment
- Provide In-depth solutions
- Ask Questions
- Be active in the forum and answer maximum questions
For E.g. Quora is a well-known website where we can answer user questions and can generate quality backlinks (quality backlinks here mean we will pick the questions relevant to our website such that the link which we provide there should force the user to click on it to get more knowledge)
Note: Some forum give backlink at first post, some ask you to keep on post 200—300 then they will give you a backlink
Importance of Forum Posting
- It helps in generating Quality Backlinks
- These websites get crawled quick
- It helps in knowledge sharing and expansion
- Targeted traffic get an increase
How to do submissions:
- Login to forum posing website like Quora
- Sign up
- At the top side, you have a space where you can post your question and hit enter
- Pick the relevant people who can answer your question. The profile is based on how many answers they have given over time in the same field
- You can log in with a different account and can answer the question and leave your link
- Always give a good descriptive answer (to generate upvotes) and leave an attractive line (based on the keyword leave a target URL) at the end that motivates the user to click on it
FYI: Quora also helps in a blog posting
- Website: forum.submitexpress.com
- Quick link – new post (topics will be based on your profile/field)
- List of topics will be listed
- You will see under each topic people have posted a question and answered them and leave their links there
- Pick the question relevant to your target URL
- Answer it and leave your link in the following format
The format of leaving a link: [url]target url[/url]
Is forum posting still useful in SEO:
Let’s spilt this topic into various sub-headings to get a better understanding:
1. Black Hat Spammers:
Initially, forum participation was the best place to generate do follow quality backlinks.
But black hat spammers started taking this as grant and started spamming their links in every platform. The result of which Google paid little or no attention to the links earned from discussion holding websites. They have also directed the owner of the discussion holding website to make the links as no follow they generate which from these discussion panel websites.
2. SEO juice:
There is some high page ranked discussion holding websites like Quora, Stack Exchange, Reddit which enables you to earn quality links but the same would be No Follow. However, it would still help you maintain the equality between no follow and do follow links. Besides this, they will help you generate traffic if you are answering the questions asked on a forum based on your website content.
3. Value of Forum Post:
As we know these websites are more of social network where people of common interest gather and share their thoughts.
For example, if you own an SEO consultancy company then your target forum posts should be the area where people have asked questions related to SEO.
From there you can answer the queries of different people and can increase your value which will definitely result in the quality backlink, traffic, and revenue.
So we can say that Forum posting is not dead, it is alive, but be an active member in your community to earn links and traffic which you can convert into revenue.
4. Strategy to picking correct forum posting websites:
You can divide your strategy into two parts:
- Niche forum focusing on your area only (MOZ, Warrior forum, etc.)
- The general forum which would cover other areas as well (Quora, Reddit, etc.)
Now the approach towards forum participation should prove knowledge or gaining knowledge. Trust me you need not focus on advertising yourself, you automatically get popular if you become an active member of the website and participate in every forum and giving quality information.
Every time you write something, beware of the forum guidelines. Do not infringe them otherwise you will be banned. Your approach should straightforward towards providing knowledge.
Initially, try to take part in 4 to 5 forums and be active there, make your profile there before posting anything.
Do not add a link in your signature it may spam out your profile. While answering a question, make your understanding clear and then give a detailed description of the answer.