In today’s article, we will learn “Social Bookmarking” in-depth. After reading this article, fetch some relevant websites for Social Bookmarking which provides “do follow” backlink.
How to Effectively Bookmark Your Website Link
As the heading suggests we will learn how to bookmark our website URL on other high Page Rank (PR) websites. This is done to increase our web presence to get position on Google Search results.
- What is Social Bookmarking
- Importance of Social Bookmarking
- How to Bookmark a Link
- Various websites on which we can bookmark our target URL
What is Social Bookmarking?
Let’s split the term social + bookmarking. It means bookmarking your website on social platforms where there is huge traffic of visitors.
Social platforms: Where the majority of people visit and interact with each other
Bookmarks: Saving a link of your website (your website URL) on Social Bookmarking platforms to generate backlinks and traffic
So, a formal definition could be, Social Bookmarking is an Off-Page SEO technique where we submit/bookmark our website links on various social bookmarking websites to earn backlink.
Importance of Social Bookmarking for your website:
- Build relevant incoming links
- Draws visitors
- Draws new clients or customers
- Helps people find the business
- Helps businesses find other businesses
- Draws a lot of traffic
Note: Promote each URL of your website do not only focus on Home Page
Note: As I have already said, wrong SEO can ruin your blog ranking. The submission should be in a proper way so that you blog always get free from any SEO penalties.
- Don’t do all the bookmarking on a single day
- Don’t focus only on a particular keyword
Steps to do Social Bookmarking
- Pick the URL from your website that you want to promote
- The URL must have a keyword associated with it, write a hilarious description related to that keyword
- Open any Social Bookmarking website like diigo, cheezburger
- Login or Register on the website (if promoted)
- Click on Submit a link
- Enter the required information
- Click Submit
- Copy the generated URL and paste it into your excel sheet
Note: Always maintain an Excel record for every promotion that you do.
Difference between Social Bookmarking and Social Networking
It can be co-related with bookmark option available in our browser where we save/bookmark the link to get easy access in future.
Similarly, we bookmark website links on social bookmarking websites. The only difference here is a group of people can see the links that you have shared which will help in increasing traffic towards your website. Example websites include Diigo, Cheezburger, Stumbleupon, Reddit etc.
Through social networking, we communicate with our network over various social media websites like Facebook, Twitter etc. Here we do not spread our website links because it is considered spam and your account may get blocked.
Hence, SMO is posting content on social media networks advertise yourself in order to generate leads.
After uploading the post, you have a specific link. Promotion of these links on bookmarking websites is known as social bookmarking. So, bookmarking is also a part of SMO.
Social Media Optimization VS Social Media Marketing
SMO is optimizing your website via On-page techniques. Like:
- Creating social channels for your website
- Composing attractive content
- Making appealing videos or posts
- The result of which your website ranking gets a boost
SMM is marketing that content via off-page SEO, like:
- Paid marketing on social media channels
- Marketing on free social channels
- It helps to generate new leads and ultimately traffic
Search Engine Optimization VS Search Engine Marketing
SEO is generating organic traffic via different means like Classified Ads, SMO, article submission etc. It requires more time and less monetary investment
SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is generating paid results or ads (Pay Per Click) generally seen on the right side of the screen. It requires very less time but requires more money.