How to Effectively Bookmark Your Website Link
As the heading suggests we will learn how to bookmark our website URL on other high Page Rank (PR) websites to increase our web presence to get position on Google Search results.
- What is Social Bookmarking
- Importance of Social Bookmarking
- How to Bookmark a Link
- The various website where we can bookmark our target URL
What is Social Bookmarking?
Let’s split the term social + bookmarking means bookmarking your website on social platforms where there is huge traffic of visitors.
Social platforms: Where the majority of people visits and interacts with each other.
Bookmarks: Saving a link of your website (your website URL) on Social Bookmarking platforms to generate backlinks and traffic
So, a formal definition could be, Social Bookmarking is an Off-Page SEO technique where we submit/bookmark our website links on various social bookmarking websites to earn backlink.
Importance of Social Bookmarking for your website:
- Building relevant incoming links
- Draws visitors
- Draws new clients or customers
- Helps people find the business
- Helps businesses find other businesses
- Draws a lot of traffic
Note: Promote each URL of your website do not only focus on Home Page
Note: The submission should be in a proper way so that you blog always get free from any SEO penalties because I have already said that wrong SEO can ruin your blog ranking.
- Don’t do all the bookmarking on a single day
- Don’t focus only on a particular keyword
Steps to do Social Bookmarking
- Pick the URL from your website whom you want to promote
- The URL must have a keyword associated with it, write a hilarious description related to that keyword
- Open any Social Bookmarking website like https://www.diigo.com, http://www.cheezburger.com
- Login or Register on the website (if promoted)
- Click on Submit a link
- Enter the required information
- Click Submit
- Copy the generated URL and paste it into your excel sheet
Note: Always maintain an Excel record of every promotion that you do.
Diffference between Social Bookmarking and Social Networking
Social Bookmarking can be co-related with bookmark option available in our browser, where we save/bookmark the link to get easy access in future.
Similarly, we bookmark website link on social bookmarking websites, the only difference here is a group of people can see the links that you have shared and hence will help in increasing traffic to your website. Example websites include Diigo, Cheezburger, Stumbleupon, Reddit etc.
Social Networking: Inside this, we use to communicate with our network over various social media websites like Facebook, Twitter etc. Here we do not spread our website link because it is considered spam and your account may get blocked.
Hence, SMO is posting content on social media networks advertise yourself in order to generate leads.
After uploading the post you have a specific link and promotion of those links on bookmarking websites is known as social bookmarking. In short bookmarking is also a part of SMO
Social Media Optimization VS Social Media Marketing
SMO is optimizing your website via On-page techniques. Like:
- Creating social channels for your website
- Creating attractive contents
- Creating appealing videos or post
- Making your website more attractive and user-friendly
SMM is marketing that content on off-page like:
- Paid marketing on social media channels
- Marketing on free social channels
- It leads to generate new leads and hence traffic
Search Engine Optimization VS Search Engine Markeing
SEO is generating organic traffic via different means like Classified Ads, SMO, article submission etc. It required more time and less money investment
SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is generating paid results or ads (Pay Per Click) generally seen on the right side of the screen. It requires very less time but requires more money.
I hope this helps!