In the last lecture we learn how to set up Google Analytics, today we will learn website analysis using Google Analytics.
Inspecting Website: Google Analytical Tool
This is a real quick tutorial on how to analyze your website performance using Google Analytics. I will be covering only the crucial aspects of Google Analytics here to give you an overview of important sections.
Brief Descriptions on Google Analytics Tools:
- Audience Overview: shows how many people are visiting your website
- Graph: Shows Returning Vs New visitors
- Statistics: Shows various stats based on various tech terms (bounce rate, unique visitor etc.)
Imp: Bounce rate should be less, session duration and new visitor should be high
- Demographics: It shows you the trends country wise, the language they speak, gender etc.
- Technology: You can check for browser they are using
- Mobile: Desktop vs mobile vs tablet (your website needs to be mobile friendly)
Devices: The specific name of the device they are using i.e. Android, Tablet etc.
- Acquisition: Following important parameters are covered under acquisition:
A. It will tell you in-detail where your visitors are coming from i.e. (these all are channels) organic search, directly, social, referral etc.
B. (Scroll Down) Under social you can explore from which social platform they are coming from
A. What pages our visitors are looking at / interested in (can be sorted date wise)
B. / – Slash symbol symbolizes Homepage
C. High no. of page views means that visitors coming back that’s great.
D. Behavior overflow: Once they are on your site you can track their activity i.e. their landing page, exit page etc.
E. (Scroll own) See what is the main page that visitors are viewing (under view option). This will give you chance to improve your other pages and spend more time on the pages visited more often.
- The audience = People looking at your website
- Acquisition = How they come to your website
- Behavior = What they do on your website
Get more detailed information on Google Analytics: Comprehensive Study on Google Analytics